Wednesday, January 31, 2007

it's never too early...

It's 17 days until stormwolfe and dukayn tie the proverbial knot. I'm still making the guestbook and i've been consulted in the embroidery of her dress. It's fun to be involved and a really nice feeling that someone trusts me enough to be involved in something as important as a wedding day. Yesterday I was helping with the skirt embroidery while another of her friends was there to work out hair. This other friend is getting married in a year, but is already immersed in the whole thing of dress/ tradition/ fights with her mum, etc etc.
A number of other people from my circle of friends are getting married over the next couple of months. There seems to be a massive amount of preparation, arguments and money-saving to go through to pull off a wedding. I've only known my Gareth for a year (our first anniversary will be march 4. miss lilly and i have some planning to do!) but I'm wondering if it's not too early to start with this whole wedding planning thing. I know I'm probably just letting the fact that everyone around me is taking the leap affect my jugdement, but on the other hand, the sooner I start, the less stressful it may be in the end! I've been saying the easiest thing to do would be the chuck a kegger and invite a celebrant. Seems to be the cheapest and easiest option!
But then there's a pretty dress involved and i like pretty dresses, and flowers are nice, and it would be good to have photos to remember the day, and a live musician for people to dance too...*sigh* better start saving i guess. I'm not getting any younger.

No comments: