Wednesday, February 06, 2008

goings on and stuff

sorry again for my slack posting habits. thats what i get for having such a boring life!
well its about to take a bit of a change soon, because in 2 days i will be free from the slave-driving demon that is Wankworths, at least for a week and a half, while i take a week off and then start my jewellery making course on the 18th. its gonna rock so hard! I can't wait. for the week off or the course, that is, both are exciting in their own way.

I'll be spending the week off, between tidying up this place, getting stuck into a range of crafty endeavours as i try to beging building up some variety to my etsy inventory, as well as have a few things prepared for my dear Raedella's very exciting new venture into retail-land. Stay tuned to her blog for more developments of that here. I'll also be working on my entry for this years Swarovski Crystal design competition. I think i mentioned it in a previous blog, but let me recap/ update. I'm making a cloth doll, her name is Faellyn the Mystic, and she's a fairy! Her wings will be wire and crystal, her tiara will be crystal flowers and drops, there'll be crystals in her hair, flatbacks on her dress, a crystal wand, and embroidered butterfly with flatbacks on her hand, flatbacks and embroidery on her shoes and she'll be adorned with wire and gold-thread jewellery also totally festooned with crystals! At the moment I'm still making prototypes of her head and body to get the look and proportions right, but hopefully soon i'll figure it out and can get stuck into all the really fun stuff! Stay tuned here or on my deviantart for work ion progress pics!

take care!

No comments: