Thursday, February 08, 2007

not much to report

So the wedding plans are coming along. Gareth and I have had a couple of talks about it. I think that because of my initial enthusiasm he thought i was planning on it all happening quickly and this worried him quite a bit. But I've explained that, due to the depth of the stuff i want to do for myself and the fact that i want us to be settled and want plenty of time to save up for it, and most importantly i want us to both be ready and willing to do it, I'm not thinking about it happening for at least 5 years or so. Anyway, I'm still looking for ideas and planning things out and thinking of things i need to learn to pull it off. Gareth figured out for himself that I also want to learn these things in order to make my own business based on them.
So I'm going to take my Strawberry Champagne's suggestion of a glory box and slowly work away at it, as well as making alternative versions of jewellery and other things as i go along to sell.
Outside of that there's not much going on. It's 9 days from Stormwolfe's wedding and she had a bit of a cold feet panic attack today, but she'll be fine.
I'm still working on weight loss and detox and that sort of thing, and am taking better care of my skin and hair than i was before. I didn't get the wondrous botanical gardens job, which sucks, but it looks like i'm going to get this full-time meatroom job at the supermarket, along with a few hours in bakery to mix it up. So long as I don't have to spend much time on front end it should be good. I've come to realise that the front end sucks the most. The management is clueless and the beaurocracy regarding signing every little thing to say we've read and understood it every friggin week just drives me nuts! plus standing in one place for hours at a time gives me a sore back. At least the time goes faster and I feel like I've done a proper day's work when I'm in the bakery. I also have renewed reason to go to work. It helps to feel better about being there when you have a purpose for it. As well as squirreling away money for a wedding somewhere off in the future, I also want to save for a proper computer. first priority though is a pair of glasses. The one's I have are over 5 years old. I don't even bother wearing them when I'm just at home. They press in on my head and the right lens keeps falling out of them. I'm long overdue for new ones and I better do it soon.

1 comment:

Miss Lilly said...

ONE MORE DAY TILL VALENTINES DAY!!! WOOT!!!